Racetams: the original nootropics; piracetam, oxiracetam, and aniracetam, are cognitive enhancers.
Racetams are a class of drugs that share a pyrrolidone nucleus. Some, such as piracetam, are considered nootropics. Some such as oxiracetam and phenylpiracetam are also stimulants.
Most racetams are recommended to be stacked with a choline source.
- Piracetam: oldest and most researched drug of the racetam family
- Phenylpiracetam: (Phenotropil, Carphedon) is a scarcely studied piracetam derivative
- Aniracetam: grandfather of the Ampakines
- Oxiracetam: a water soluble racetam which is very similar to piracetam
- Pramiracetam: similar to piracetam in effects, but pramiracetam has a much lower effective dose and is fat soluble instead of water soluble
- N-Phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester
- Phenylpiracetam hydrazide